The Tuke & Bell Carlton distributor consists of a static central column with a rotating galvanised steel tank. Either two or four distributing arms are fitted to the tank and these are supported by vertical wire ropes or solid rods attached to the top bearing head. The Carlton features a liquid seal arrangement that retains the machine prime without the need for maintenance intensive gland packing. Motive rotation force is provided by jet reaction from the arms. The distribution arms can feature EPDM “Pop-In” jets or low maintenance upward flow weir boxes if the machine is to be motorised.
The Carlton distributor can be typically offered to suit filter beds ranging from Ø5m up to Ø36m and up to 75l/s flow rate given suitable hydraulic conditions. Larger sizes are possible with careful consideration of the machine design.
- The Tuke & Bell Carlton Distributor incorporates the following features: -
- Highly efficient machine intended for use across a wide range of applications.
- Vertical alignment tuning to ensure precise distribution.
- 100% maintenance free bearings on 100mm and 150mm bore machines, single bearing grease point on larger units.
- Liquid Seal retains the machine prime when not under flow conditions.
- Distribution arms designed to give efficient coverage across filter media.
- Opening end caps to facilitate easy cleaning of distributor arms.
The Carlton distributor can easily be supplied with a Tuke & Bell motorised distributor drive to control machine rotation speeds.
3,895 total views, 4 views today