The Tuke & Bell Ideal Tipper distributor consists of a static central column with a fixed ratchet ring. The rotating galvanised steel tank contains a pivoting double hopper which has “Ratchet and Pawl” levers fitted to the axle. Flow feeding into the hopper from above causes it to tip over centre, in turn the ratchet drives the machine round. Two arms are fitted to the tank and these are supported by vertical solid rods attached to the top of the tank. The distribution arms are of a V-notch type. The feed pipe enters the Ideal Tipper from above the media.
The Ideal Tipper distributor can be typically offered to suit filter beds ranging from Ø4.5m up to Ø10m and up to 1.9l/s flow rate given suitable hydraulic conditions. Larger sizes are possible with careful consideration of the machine design.
The Tuke & Bell Ideal Waterwheel Distributor incorporates the following features: -
- Trickle flow rate machine intended for low flows with over-fed connection.
- Vertical alignment tuning to ensure precise distribution.
- “Ratchet and Pawl” drive provides rotation under minimal flow conditions.
- Distribution arms designed to give efficient coverage across filter media.
- Opening end caps to facilitate easy cleaning of distributor arms.
The Ideal Tipper distributor is not suitable for motorisation and is best suited for small rural schemes where flow is intermittent.
2,297 total views, 1 views today