The Tuke & Bell Vulcan distributor consists of a static central column with a rotating galvanised steel tank. Either two or four distributing arms are fitted to the tank and these are supported by vertical wire ropes or solid rods attached to the top bearing head. The Vulcan features a paddlewheel drive system that provides rotational motive force at minimal flow rates. The distribution arms can either be an open trough with V-notch weir outlets or tubular with low maintenance upward flow weir boxes.
The Vulcan distributor can be typically offered to suit filter beds ranging from Ø5m up to Ø25m and up to 25l/s flow rate given suitable hydraulic conditions. Larger sizes are possible with careful consideration of the machine design.
The Tuke & Bell Vulcan Distributor incorporates the following features: -
- Trickle flow rate machine intended for intermittent flows.
- Vertical alignment tuning to ensure precise distribution.
- 100% maintenance free bearings on 100mm and 150mm bore machines, single bearing grease point on larger units.
- Paddlewheel drive provides rotation under minimal flow conditions.
- Distribution arms designed to give efficient coverage across filter media.
- Opening end caps to facilitate easy cleaning of distributor arms.
The Vulcan distributor is not suitable for motorisation and is best suited for small rural schemes where flow is low and intermittent.
4,908 total views, 1 views today