The Tuke & Bell Ideal Waterwheel distributor consists of a static central column with a rotating galvanised steel tank. Two distributing arms are fitted to the tank and these are supported by vertical solid rods attached to the top bearing head. The Ideal Waterwheel features a paddlewheel drive system that provides rotational motive force at minimal flow rates. The distribution arms are of a V-notch type. The feed pipe enters the Ideal Waterwheel from below the media.
The Ideal Waterwheel distributor can be typically offered to suit filter beds ranging from Ø4.5m up to Ø10m and up to 1.9l/s flow rate given suitable hydraulic conditions. Larger sizes are possible with careful consideration of the machine design.
The Tuke & Bell Ideal Waterwheel Distributor incorporates the following features: -
- Trickle flow rate machine intended for low flows with under-fed connection.
- Vertical alignment tuning to ensure precise distribution.
- 100% maintenance free main bearing.
- Paddlewheel drive provides rotation under minimal flow conditions.
- Distribution arms designed to give efficient coverage across filter media.
- Opening end caps to facilitate easy cleaning of distributor arms.
The Ideal Waterwheel distributor is not suitable for motorisation and is best suited for small rural schemes where flow is intermittent.
3,705 total views, 2 views today