The Tuke & Bell Fixed Bridge Scraper consists of an access bridge with an open-mesh walkway which spans across the diameter of the tank, mounted in a fixed position onto concrete structure or separate portal frames if a glass coated steel tank is to be used. A centrally mounted drive unit supports a hanging arrangement of helical scraper blades that conveys settled sludge to a central hopper for removal.
Tuke & Bell can offer three common fixed bridge scrapers: -
- A half bridge scraper terminates at the centre of the tank.
- A three quarter bridge scraper extends half again beyond the centre point of the tank diameter.
- A full bridge scraper spans the entire diameter of the tank.
The bridge can be fitted with ancillary equipment such as automatic scum removal systems, side-wall scrapers, channel and weir-cleaning brushes in order to make the machine suitable for use in primary or secondary settling tanks. Additional equipment such as stilling rings, EDI drums, Mc Kinney Baffles and Stamford Baffles can be accommodated.
- The Tuke & Bell Rotating Bridge Scraper incorporates the following features: -
- Robust structure designed to resist imparted sludge loads.
- Heavy duty slewing ring carries entire scraper load – zero additional load on gearbox bearings.
- All bearings and drives rated for 100,000 hour design life.
- Direct mounted gearbox removes maintenance intensive geared drives.
- Simply decoupled drive facilitating easy drive removal.
- Lubrication points for slewing ring easily accessible from walkway.
- Scraper blades feature replaceable wear tips that can be inverted for addition life.
Tuke & Bell can also supply weir plates, scum boards and launder channels to suit all circular tanks.
4,770 total views, 2 views today