The Tuke & Bell Sludge Thickener consist of an access bridge with an open-mesh walkway which spans across the diameter of the tank, mounted in a fixed position onto concrete structure or separate portal frames if a glass coated steel tank is to be used. A centrally mounted drive unit supports a full length torque tube with a lower steady bearing; a “Picket Fence” type stirrer is mounted onto the torque tube. An echelon formation of scraper blades is utilised to provide positive movement of the thickened sludge to the centre hopper of the tank.
The Tuke & Bell Sludge Thickener incorporates the following features: -
- Robust structure designed to resist imparted sludge loads.
- Heavy duty slewing ring and axle bearings carries entire bridge load – zero additional load on gearbox bearings.
- All bearings and drives rated for 100,000 hour design life.
- Direct mounted gearbox removes maintenance intensive geared drives.
- Simply decoupled axles, bearings & drive facilitating easy removal.
- Lubrication points for slewing ring easily accessible from walkway.
- Scraper blades feature replaceable wear tips that can be inverted for addition life.
Tuke & Bell can also supply weir plates, scum boards and launder channels to suit all circular tanks.
3,245 total views, 2 views today