The Tuke and Bell range of Screw Classifiers are a complete, free-standing unit, ideal for effective separation of grit from organic and other matter. A weir allows the separated organics to return, whilst grit is conveyed via the screw to a discharge point for disposal.
A wash water pipe connection and spray-bar are included within the classifier body for cleaning of the grit.
The Tuke & Bell Screw Classifier incorporates the following features: -
- Freestanding tank construction simplifies location.
- Universal tank handing simplifies pipe work connection.
- Fully enclosed screw with lockable, removable inspection covers.
- Wash water spray bar for grit polishing.
- Designed to accept multiple feeds.
- Can be fitted with Hydrocyclones for handling high pumped feed flows.
Typically the Screw Classifier is used in conjunction with a Vortex Grit Trap and together carries out the complete grit extraction process whilst allowing greater flexibility of plant layout.
4,000 total views, 1 views today